Pals Blog Hop Great Family Occasions: Mother’s Day
Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Great Family Occasions.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I was really excited about the theme for his blog hop! I said to myself, MOTHER’S Day in hopes that this would push me to get started on my Mother’s Day Cards sooner. So far I have only made this one, but it is soooo pretty. I am thrilled with the way it turned out! I had a few issues with the pictures for this card, the lighting was just off. The one day we don’t have a bright sunshiny days here in Fallbrook, CA! I had to get my photos done, it is just the way it goes.
I used a new set Flowers of Friendship from the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog that will be released on May 4, 2021! Consider this a sneak peek! I heat embossed the large flower image to stamp the Vellum first. It is best to do the heat embossing first to ensure everything sticks where it should.
WHEN USING ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, BE SURE YOU ARE IN A WELL VENTILATED ROOM! I CREATE MY BACKGROUNDS NEXT TO AN OPEN WINDOW!
I have fallen in LOVE with the technique that uses Vellum, Stampin’ Blends, and Isopropyl Alcohol that is 91% or higher. You can make some amazing backgrounds. I start by using the brush tip of the Stampin’ Blends to add color at random to the Vellum. Then using a Water Painter filled with alcohol I paint around the edges of the color I added to the Vellum. I use a straw or air blower tool to blow air at the alcohol to spread the color and get different looks, it can be a vain look or just thinner color. As you do this if you feel l like you want more color in different areas simply add it with your Stampin’ Blend and repeat the process until you get something pretty. Be sure to add a piece of Basic White to the back of the Vellum so that the colors really pop.
I like to then dab my Versamark pad on the alcohol background at random and then use the Gold Gilded Leafing to add a bit more spark to the background. Then I hit it with the heat gun to make sure it is dry.
I fished the Card with a triple layer sentiment from A Wish for Everything. And let me tell you, I got that sentiment pretty straight…this rarely happens! Add a few of the new Genial Gems that will be released on May 4, 2021 and called it beautiful. The gems made me really happy, I enjoy a beautiful embellishment.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on May 12th when our theme is “2021-2023 New In Colors” when our Design Team creates a project with the new family of In Colors for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Annette Elliott at AEstamps a Latte
Products Used ListProduct List