Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Home for the Holidays”. We really hope that you enjoy and are inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I present to you a labor of love! This fun little piece of Christmas décor is a 5″ x 7″ shadow box I picked up at Hobby Lobby about a month ago. I had an idea that I could change out the insert seasonally, and I still may do just that, but decided I HAD to start with Christmas. I adore the Whimsical Trees bundle and Whimsy & Wonder DSP.
Here is a tip for putting this project together, take out the frame insert and tape your main piece of paper to it! Then assemble in the box frame, otherwise you make have to redo the placement many times to get it right!
I added a foam adhesive sheet to the Cork Specialty Paper, then used the Playful Alphabet dies to die Merry Christmas. I had planned on cutting out Happy but by the time I was done I realized I had die cut Merry, so…Merry Christmas!
Overall this is a very simple project, I heat embossed the trees in white on Mossy Meadow, Polished Pink, and Misty Moonlight then die cut. I weaved the white ribbon from the Flowers for Every Season ribbon pack just for a little added fun. And added Mossy Meadow star die cuts along with Subtle Shimmer sequence for final touches.
One last note: I did remove the glass from the shadow box to take the photos and will be putting it back!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on December 8th. Our theme will be “My Favorite Things” with our design team showcasing some of their favorite products from any catalog they choose.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Annette Elliott at AESTAMPS A LATTE
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
I hope you enjoyed this project! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know.