Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Birthday Bash. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, we would appreciate your comments because we enjoy hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
This card has a lot going on as you can see! And I love all of it. I started with a Pool Party card base and built up the layers from there.
- Basic White Layer 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Layer Designs Vellum 4″ x 5 1/4″. I tore the left side edge for added detail.
- Paper Lattice that I inked up with Tuxedo Black Ink. I placed in on a piece of scratch paper and gently pressed the ink pad on it until I had the color I was going for. (Then dried it with my heat gun.)
- 3 Scraps of the Black and White striped paper from the 12″ X 12″ Pattern Party DSP.
- Frayed Ribbon – I used the 3/4″ Frayed White Ribbon, I did this by just removing one of the thread and pulling until I had the desired frayed length.
- Basic Black Card Stock 2 3/4″ x 2 13/16″
- Hello Friend SAB DSP 2 1/2″ x 2 5/8″
- Strip of Basic white for sentiment, I heat embossed my sentiment.
- Stamped Bird image from Hello Friend Stamp set, fussy cut and colored with Stampin’ Blends.
I have been experimenting with adding stitching to my cards with my sewing machine lately, and decided to add stitching to frame in the bird and flower image. It is a fun detail that I need to keep practicing!
Raise your hand if you love the pop of yellow for the bird! I used the Daffodil Delight blends combo pack to color in the bird. The flowers were done with Pool Party blends combo pack and I added Dark Daffodil delight in the middle. The branch was colored with the Dark Natural Tones blend SU100. A touch of Dark Granny Apple Green blend for the leaves.
To finish the card I added 3 of the Black Classic Matte Dots. With adhesive on the back they are easily added to any project.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 9th. Our theme will be Cute Critters where our Design Team creates a project with any kind of animals, birds, butterflies or insects.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations