Sending a Big Hug

I sat down and did a bit of coloring on Saturday while the kids were taking it easy after our big trip this past week and half. I wanted to get a card done using this month’s inspiration sketch!

I really ended up loving the colors I picked out for the flowers and leaves, who says all the leaves have to be green. I felt that the colors of the flowers would go well with brown/bronze leaves and it is a card not real life so I had a bit of fun with it.

I have to say it felt good to sit down and make a card. Back in June before our trip I decided I wanted to put in a garden. All of my “free” time was used up on get that up and running. Let me just say paper crafting is so much easier that gardening! But so far I have only lost a few plants and am learning so much about fertilizer and what plants need what. I have tomatoes, zucchini, possibly pie pumpkins (I can not remember what I put in that spot), basil, cucumbers, mini watermelon, bell peppers (if they make it), dill, poha berry, spinach (if it makes it), bush beans, and a few varieties of flowers. Some I grew from direct sow and some were store bought at local nurseries. I have a long way to go but am mostly enjoying the process and learning about different pest and disease, insert audible laugh here. This photo is of one side of the garden and was taken in the middle of our trip, we stopped in for 1 night before driving north.

Okay, back to the card. For this card I used the Pink Fresh Studios Happy Blooms Stamp with coordinating die. I stamped the image on Express it card stock and colored the image with Copic Markers. For the layers, I used some retired Stampin’ Up! DSP that I tore at angle from the top down and then inked up the edges with Mint Macaron ink to darken it up a bit. Then I used a water painter to splatter Early Espresso ink all over the card front. This was not my intention I only wanted it on one side, but happy accidents happen.

I layered the floral image on top of velum and then added the sentiment from the Happy Blooms stamp sent using WOW! heat embossing powder. I was not sure it was going to turn out on the torn paper and vellum but it did. I was surprised lol, I already had a back up plan if it failed. Using a stamp posting tool was extremely helpful to the process. I finished the card with 3 clear dots, in person it gives a fun finish.

I hope you enjoyed this bit of inspiration, if you create using this sketch tag me on social media and use #ldscs. I will add your project to my stories on social media! If you did Leave a comment and let me know! Until next time, Happy Crafting

Megan Cooper Lazy Daze Stampin'

Leave a Comment

This website may contain affiliate links for the products I create projects. By clicking on the link to purchase these products, I may earn just enough to get an extra cup of coffee. The best part is it doesn't cost you anything extra to click on the link. I don't link any products that I wouldn't use in my own craft room. It just allows you easier access to the products used. 

Item added to cart.
0 items - $0.00