Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop in 2022! This month, the theme is Sale-A-Bration. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I decided I wanted to share a card that features the Daffodil Afternoon 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper. This is hands down my favorite item out of the Jan-Feb 2022 SAB catalog. There are so many amazing patterns and the colors are perfect for spring. I even used the DSP to create the cute die cut butterflies. If you look closely you will see the images of daffodils on each butterfly. One of the best parts of this DSP is that it features Very Vanilla! This is not a color I grab often but recently discovered I have 4 packs of Very Vanilla envelopes, now I will be getting through them.
I used Flirty Flamingo card stock for the Daffodil layer die cuts. To give them a bit of depth against the DSP, I used my blending brush to add a layer of Flirty Flamingo ink on each layer. I used the same technique to add some darkened areas on the Old Olive die cut leaves.
I wanted this card to have quite a bit of lift. To accomplish this I added dimestionals to the Black and Very Vanilla DSP layer. My Daffodils have dimensionals on the top layer and on the bottom layer of the Daffodil. The butterflies even have lift, I folded up the edges of the wings before I glued them to my card.
I used the Special Moments SAB stamp set for my sentiment, I stamped the sentiment with Tuxedo black ink on Flirty Flamingo card Stock and then added clear embossing powder on top of it and hit it with the heat gun, this gives it a nice shine in person.
To finish the card I added a three of the Polished Dots from the new Jan-June 2022 Mini catalog and some Very Vanilla Baker’s Twine. I pulled the threads of Baker’s Twine apart and arranged them on the card so they looked nest like. I thought it would be a fun way to finish off the spring vibe of this card.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 9th. Our theme will be Birthday Bash when our team creates birthday projects to celebrate our family and friends.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’