Today I am sharing another card using the Cute Dragons set from Ink Road Stamps. I am having a ton of fun with this stamp set! I am getting at least one card done with each of the littles to share with you. It took me a few days to figure out what I wanted to do with the little fire breather then it dawned on me, a Happy Birthday Card.
I pulled out the Distress Oxide ink sprays for this fun background.
- Cut two pieces of vellum any size you like and tape them at the top and bottom to a piece of white cardstock. This will help prevent the vellum from curling.
- Put the vellum in a spatter box of your choice and lay a stencil of your choice on top. I used dots for my background.
- Spray desired colors of ink sprays. I used Candied Apple Oxide Ink and Spiced Marmalade Oxide Ink.
- Remove the stencil by lifting one corner up while holding the opposite corner in place. This will help prevent ink smears.
- Now for the tricky part, don’t set the stencil down, pull the piece of vellum you just inked out of the box and set to the side. Lay the second piece of vellum in the box, lay the ink sprayed side down on the vellum. Place a paper towel on the top and lightly press. This will give more of the smoosh look. Carefully remove stencil in the same way as above.
- Use a heat took to heat set the ink on the vellum, you don’t have to dry the entire piece just get as much as you can to help prevent curling and smearing. Then let air dry completely before using.
- Go wash your stencil. And then come back and stare at the two pretty backgrounds you now have!
The little dragon lighting the candles was colored with Copic makers YR04,YR12, R46, R08, B24, B29, R37. The cake was also colored with Copic markers and ended up a bit darker than I wanted but, but I still used it. The cake came from an SVG I found on line and cut out with my Brother Scan and Cut. The cake was colored with E55, E7, B29, B24, Y04, R46 and colorless blender to create the lighter areas. As for the stool, I have no idea what colors I used! I cleaned up right after and forgot to write it down. The best part is, I just made the card yesterday and still can’t remember. I blame it on my stress of sending my littlest for the first day of kindergarten yesterday. I was a wreck, took me all day to make this card.
The stool was made by cutting up some strips of paper and then using oxide inks to fully cover them. Then I added some wood texture with a line stamp I had on hand. The Happy Birthday sentiment is heat embossed in WOW! Embossing powder, and comes from the Altenew Birthday Greetings stamp set. The set has a bunch of great sentiments. I am thinking about doing an entire background with them!
I hope you enjoyed this card. If you did Leave a comment and let me know! Until next time, Happy Crafting.
- Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Price: $4.49
- Altenew - Must-Have Gel Pens - 3 Pack
- Price: $8.99